A favorite among our family. Done in 30 minutes and comes out delicious every time!
- 1 Butternut Squash (peeled & diced)
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 apple,cored & diced
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- Vegetable Stock
- Recommended Spices: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon
- Optional: heavy cream if you want to make a creamy butternut squash soup
1. In a large pot saute (in olive oil) onion, garlic and carrot until lightly brown
2. Add cubed squash and apple to pot
3. Add enough vegetable stock to pot until it just covers the vegetables
4. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender
5. While simmering add spices as desired (careful to not add too much cayenne pepper!)
6. The easiest is to use an immersion blender to puree but you can transfer to a regular blender and puree as well
Once pureed add cream (if desired), garnish and enjoy!